One day a long time ago – before I knew better – I grabbed a cute looking romance in the checkout line at the grocery store. As I read it later that night, my heart checked. This wasn’t the cute, clean romance the cover alluded to.
One day my oldest – a voracious reader – was halfway through a chapter book of a very popular series before I had a chance to even look at it. As I skimmed the pages my heart sank. Again I felt that familiar checking of the Holy Spirit tug at my heart. I wanted to ignore it. I really did.
But I can’t.
Woe to those who call evil good and good evil, who put darkness for light and light for darkness, who put bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter. ~ Isaiah 5:20
We’re called to set ourselves apart, to live an upright and holy life. But the world is constantly bombarding us. So where do we draw the line?
This website is designed to help you find out:
- Does that book your son brought home from school, that novel you borrowed from a friend, pass the Christian litmus test?
- Homeschool curriculum we’ve tried. What we loved, what didn’t work for us, and why.
- Great books we’ve found as supplemental resources for homeschool.
- Don’t want a sobbing, heartbroken daughter when the main character in the story has to shoot his beloved horse in the head (yes, we’ve been there!)? A guide to help parents with sensitive readers.
- Educational books (fiction and non fiction) for children and adults.
- Christian Living books and our thoughts on them.
We also include links to purchase these books. If you like them, please help a sister out and use the links!
Thanks and happy reading!